Old June 8th 05, 07:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
londoncityslicker londoncityslicker is offline

Default Cheapest way to Gatwick/Stansted or Luton??

"Sam" wrote in message
Hi All,

Could you please let me know the cheapest way from Hounslow or Victoria to
Gatwick / Stansted or Luton.

Thanks

Depends how many people but to Gatwick and Luton, a local minicab will
probably be the cheapest and give a door to door service.
You could go into London and get a Thameslink train to either or pay the
extra for the Gatwick Express for Gatwick from victoria.
But for four people it will probably be more expensive what with the cost to
get into London + the fare to the airport each.
Plus depending on what time then theres the hassle factor of changing lines
etc etc.

For Stansted, it a bugger from Hounslow. Cheapest way is probably drive
there yourself and park there.
But thats dependent on how long you spend away.

The other option is the coach from Heathrow but thats totally dependent on
what kinda deal you can find.
If its full price then once again it'll cost quite a bit if there are four
of you. But it's probably the best bet if there is just one of you.

Sorry I havent suggested any public transports.

Let us know what your situation is and i'll offer some tips.

A.