Old June 8th 05, 08:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default London Connections Map

Steve M wrote:
MIG wrote:

I can never remember which runs which, but I know it reverses, ie
whichever operator runs it clockwise in the morning runs it
anticlockwise in the evening.

Thameslink seem to run both ways round in the evening peak, causing two
trains clockwise within 4 minutes, then a 26 minute gap.

I honestly feel the maze of lines in South London needs unravelling and
a simplified service pattern introduced. Even as someone who works in
the industry I often get confused with the direction and routing of trains!

Such a service pattern has been considered before; I believe that
reliability and possibly frequency enhancements were identified as
advantages to a simplified network of Tube-style lines. However,
simplification generally means restricting services from most stations
to a single London terminal; that proved unpopular with south London
residents last time they were considering simplification.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7