Old June 8th 05, 09:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Yokel Yokel is offline

Default London Connections Map

"Matthew Dickinson" wrote in message
| There's a new London Connections map out with Heathrow Connect
| depicted as a seperate service between Ealing Broadway & Heathrow
| Terminals 1,2 & 3.
|
| The BAA stations are depicted outside the Zone 6 shading.
|
| It also has updated the opening dates for Shepherds Bush & Imperial
| Wharf to 2006.
|
| (These two stations were listed as calling points for the Silverlink
| service on the platform indicator at Clapham Junction yesterday)

That's because the times are in the Train Service Data Base, even though the
stations aren't open yet. This is because it was originally intended to
open the stations this year. The December NRT bore the legend "Station
expected to open during the currency of the timetable" although this
publication shows no times.

Get down to Clapham Junction quick and you will find those two stations
listed on the A-Z posters with the "relations" to nearby stations for when
the service starts.

The Editor has found out about the delays to the station openings, so the
new posters which will go up on Sunday will still mention the stations under
construction but reference to any train times has gone until we get some
firm idea of when they will actually open.

I doubt if anyone has even thought to look at what the CIS displays are
showing and may not even be aware that these station stops are in TSDB, so
those "ghost" stations will continue to show until either the penny drops at
the control centre or the stops are removed from TSDB for the June-December
period.
--
- Yokel -
oo oo

"Yokel" now posts via a spam-trap account.
Replace my alias with stevejudd to reply.