Old June 9th 05, 01:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Overground Network progress (was London Connections Map)

Rupert Candy wrote:
Dave Arquati wrote:

The ON map is very similar, just adding in the useful frequency element.

Speaking of which, does anyone know what's happening to the ON? The
website has never been updated, but I've noticed the orange and grey
information boards appearing at Tulse Hill and Gipsy Hill (albeit
without ON branding) and Brockley and New Cross Gate seem to have the
line diagrams (though I don't think they were on the original routes).

The announcement of funding for minor ON improvements to Earlsfield,
Tulse Hill, Hayes, West Wickham, Eden Park and Norwood Junction was made
in September last year. As for the other stations, I have no idea. I
think the aim is to get the improvements (i.e. CCTV, lighting, cycle
parking and improved information) rolled out to most of the stations
marked on the ON map.

On an ON note, one problem that appears to me is that part of the
original South London Metro idea which this is based on was to promote
better use of trains around South London itself, rather than just for
journeys to and from the centre. The ON is centred around journeys
to/from central London termini.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7