Old June 12th 05, 06:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport
Jack Taylor Jack Taylor is offline

Default London to Brighton bike ride next week (blatant plug for me!)

"Huge" wrote in message
Barry Salter writes:

Yup, as the new trains don't have a brakevan, so there's nowhere to
safely stow the bikes. Good innit?

sensible
Sounds bleeding stupid to me. The trains are virtually empty at weekends,
so who's going to care?
/sensible

Ah but, in this litigation-mad society that we now have, who will pay if a
'regular' passenger gets injured by a badly-stowed or falling bicycle? I
suspect that that is what is behind the decision.