Old June 12th 05, 09:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default London to Brighton bike ride next week (blatant plug for me!)

On 12 Jun 2005 17:57:42 GMT, (Huge) wrote:

Which, as I've posted elsewhere, is a massive over-reaction, and will
nicely stuff up the journeys of anyone who relies on train+bike

Given that bikes are carried free, the railway companies can do
as they please.

Oh, indeed, they can. Doesn't, of course, mean they should.

To be fair rail-using cyclists are often messed around on Sundays by
engineering work and bus substitution, but that said I've noticed
recently that where coaches rather than buses are used, it's common
for bicycles to be carried (unofficially) in the underbody luggage
space.

Neil

--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
When replying please use neil at the above domain