Old June 12th 05, 09:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default London to Brighton bike ride next week (blatant plug for me!)

(Huge)typed

(Neil Williams) writes:
On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 15:51:59 +0100, Barry Salter
wrote:

Southern - Cycles will be banned throughout the Southern network all day
on Sunday 19 June 2005.

Which, as I've posted elsewhere, is a massive over-reaction, and will
nicely stuff up the journeys of anyone who relies on train+bike

Given that bikes are carried free, the railway companies can do
as they please.

Indeed, but they can lose out on a passenger's long-term rail use, which
might or might not make good business sense...

....Some of us want to remain car-free, but once tempted into car
ownership, might make very few railway journeys.

--
Helen D. Vecht:

Edgware.