Old June 13th 05, 04:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport
chris harrison chris harrison is offline

Default London to Brighton bike ride next week (blatant plug for me!)

Huge wrote:
(Neil Williams) writes:

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 15:51:59 +0100, Barry Salter
wrote:

Southern - Cycles will be banned throughout the Southern network all day
on Sunday 19 June 2005.

Which, as I've posted elsewhere, is a massive over-reaction, and will
nicely stuff up the journeys of anyone who relies on train+bike

Given that bikes are carried free, the railway companies can do
as they please.

They've realised that they can't charge for the 'service' they now deign
to provide, given that they've lumped cyclists into the group marked
non-frequent users who are generally stuffed.