Old June 14th 05, 12:11 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
General Von Clinkerhoffen General Von Clinkerhoffen is offline

Default public transport? Enfield Town - C London/City

Enfield town station into liverpool street, change at Seven Sisters for
the Victoria line, good bus services, but don't cycle down the A10, very
scarey

John Rowland wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
ups.com...

Hi- moving to Enfield Town, was wondering if
anyone knew the best public transport connections
into London. In particular, are there any decent bus/tube
routes into town?

crossposted to a group where people do...

As far as I know, there is no tube,

Oakwood is a shortish distance down a rather fast bus-served road.

but we can get trains from Enfield Town, a terminal
(an advantage in my book), to Liverpool St (24 mins or
so), or Enfield Chase (30 mins to Kings X).

Enfield Chase trains run to/from Moorgate, except on Monday to Friday after
8pm and all day Saturday and Sunday, when they run to Kings Cross.

Somebody has also said we can get a train
to Seven Sisters, then get a tube from there.,.

Yep, that's a good route to the West End, but not to the City.

Does anybody know of any good bus routes to Enfield Town?

The TfL journey planner does.
http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/use...T2?language=en

It's worth knowing that Enfield probably has the best night bus service in
outer London - the N29, every 12 minutes all night every night, IIRC.