Old June 14th 05, 03:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default London to Brighton bike ride next week (blatant plug for me!)

Alan ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

Same here - I have 2 cars insured, taxed and MOT'd in regular use on
the roads, but I cycle to work occasionally. In what way do I use the
road for nothing?

Road use is priced by the vehicle, not by the individual.

You can't use the fact that one of your cars has a valid tax disc to
justify the use of a second without buying a tax disc for it.

Equally, you don't pay anything to use your bicycle on the road.

Before I get flamed - I'm making no comment about whether I think bicycles
*should* pay for a tax disc or not...