Old June 14th 05, 04:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ian Jelf Ian Jelf is offline

Default Jubilee Line Closure

In message 70, Adrian
writes
Neil Williams ) gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying :

(and they can't come back into service until
every train has the extra carriage).

Why not?

Presumably to protect against a situation where the JLE doors "think" it's
a long train, but it isn't.

Can't they just add the extra car but leave it permanently locked and
out of use until all train have been so equipped? Or am I missing
something here? (I realise I must be but I'm sure someone will spell
it out!)

--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK