Old June 14th 05, 09:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Rupert Candy Rupert Candy is offline

Default Ipswich - Basingstoke Services

Baffobear wrote:
What ever happened to the Ipswich to Basingstoke service. It wasn't
widely publicised, but if it was I'm sure it would have provided a good
cross London Link. I I remember seeing an Anglia DEMU at Camden Road a
couple of years back. Now 'one' has taken over Anglia, do you think
they will be reintroduced?

Not a chance. They were dependent on some sort of SRA grant which was
withdrawn after a year and has now been scrapped, and the few times I
tried them out I was about the only passenger. The journey from
Stratford to Brentford on the NLL was painfully slow, as well, which
probably contributed to its demise.