Old August 22nd 03, 09:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Matthew Malthouse Matthew Malthouse is offline

Default Mobiles on public transport (was Radio on the Tube)

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 14:13:15 -0000 Mark Brader wrote:
} Matthew Malthouse and "Steve" write:
} The root of the complaint is perhaps that on a tube, train or bus it's
} impossible not to hear such conversations.
}
} So are you advocating banning conversations on PT?
}
} No, just idly wishing that people weren't quite so frivolous with mobile
} phones.
}
} So are you advocating banning *frivolous* conversations on PT?

No, I've never suggested banning conversations, frivolous or otherwise.
Just deplored the use to which I observe mobile phones being put and
expressed a wish for quite carriages on trains.

Matthew
--
Záhid sharáb píné dé, masjid mein baith kar
ya woh jagah batá dé jahán Khudá na ho.