Old June 14th 05, 11:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport
Simon Proven Simon Proven is offline

Default London to Brighton bike ride next week (blatant plug for me!)

Huge wrote:
cyclist-hater
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. So cycle back, if it's so
bloody marvellous.
/cyclist-hater

Not that bad an idea, and some people already do that. I've never,
but I've done the London-Cambridge both ways for the last 4 years,
which requires getting up at about 3.30am to cycle down to Lee Valley
for the start. (Not particularly fast!). Cycling through Herts in the
small hours is quite pleasant given the virtual complete lack of other
traffic at that time.

Can't someone charter a train or two?

Or 10 I'd think, given the numbers involved.