Old August 22nd 03, 12:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Fustanella Fustanella is offline

Default Oystercard-style test in Orlando

Paying tolls by wireless is *very* old news. There was a system on the

This is different than the E-Pass toll transponders we've had here since
the early 1990s (and with open-road tolling on some roads now, it's very
very nice to not have to slow down to pay), though they have an adapter
which makes ORANGES work in E-Pass lanes. I didn't get one of those.

I could see the two technologies merging closer at some point, but this
should be handy for casual toll-road usage. Its main focus seems to be bus
and parking-garage fees.