Old June 15th 05, 12:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport
kiko kiko is offline

Default London to Brighton bike ride next week (blatant plug for me!)

Adrian wrote:
kiko ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying :

Quite happy for all cyclists to be "prosecuted for their continuous
infractions of the road laws". Same for all road users.

Fine. So - how DO we get red light cameras to recognise cyclists without
having plates on bikes?

Mmm. Introduce an instant fine involving a vehicle going through green
light at same time removing cyclist from cycle? Then you'll have no
problem recognising and catching them.

Seriously, I agree that would be tricky. But where would you stick a
number plate on a bike/rider? Maybe use a lightweight electronic ID tag?