Old June 15th 05, 01:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default London to Brighton bike ride next week (blatant plug for me!)

chris harrison ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

How? Seriously - genuine question. I'm *baffled* about what a £5k
bike will do that a £500 one won't.

As the old saying goes, if you have to ask the question, you won't
understand the answer.

Humour me.

But it is very similar to asking what a 50 grand car will get you that
a 5 grand one won't.

Is it?

You get better technology, better materials, higher quality
components,

Do you get more space, more comfort, and more functionality?

better performance.

Really? sceptical Y'see, I was of the impression that the £5k bike would
use the same power source as the £500 bike. Yes, there may be a very minor
weight saving, but that's going to be minimal when you consider the weight
including rider. a few hundred grams saved over a hundred kilo all-in
weight? Similar difference to having a dump before you get on the bike.