Old June 15th 05, 04:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default London to Brighton bike ride next week (blatant plug for me!)

chris harrison ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

Now you're talking 5 grand for a new car, that's different than 5
grand for a car.

Sure, but we were comparing vs new bikes.

Can you get a new car for 5 grand?

Yes. List on some of the ropier stuff about can squeek under £5k - and I'm
sure they'd be desperate to shift one. For another few hundred notes, you
could get something half-decent and mainstream like a Panda.

But the most I've ever spent on a car is £4.5k, for a 4.5yr old £27k-new
turbo petrol XM - I paid roughly the list price of the options. 5 years
later, it's still doing fine.

Same question, caveat with "worth having"? :-D

I'll answer that by echoing...

Can you get a new bike for 100 quid, "worth having"?