Old June 15th 05, 04:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default London to Brighton bike ride next week (blatant plug for me!)

"Adrian" wrote in message
. 244.170...
JohnB ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying :

Which of course should tell our Adrian chap he should read wot I wrote a
little more carefully and not jump in with his assumptions.

Not I making the incorrect assumptions, ol' chap. You were making
guesstimates of the "majority" VED rate which I suspect were way out...

But, even so... More money than sense...

Nah, you still haven't worked it out. He didn't spend 5.5 grand on a
bicycle. Nor did he spend 3 grand (or whatever it was) on a bicycle.

If I mention that the last bike I bought cost 450 quid in tax on frame and
fork alone (ok, front hub too), will you go all astounded at that? But I bet
you wouldn't find an equivalent cheaper.

Still, I've got all that spare cash from not paying to commute - I've got to
spend it somewhere!

cheers,
clive