Old June 15th 05, 04:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default London to Brighton bike ride next week (blatant plug for me!)

Clive George ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying :

Nah, you still haven't worked it out. He didn't spend 5.5 grand on a
bicycle. Nor did he spend 3 grand (or whatever it was) on a bicycle.

So John's telling porkies when he says he dropped over £500 tax on a bike,
too? Can we trust ANYTHING you lycralot say?

If I mention that the last bike I bought cost 450 quid in tax on frame
and fork alone (ok, front hub too), will you go all astounded at that?
But I bet you wouldn't find an equivalent cheaper.

But you're failing to explain to me what spending all that cash on a bike
*does* other than make you feel warm and fluffy and all Lance Armstrong.