Old June 16th 05, 08:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport
chris harrison chris harrison is offline

Default London to Brighton bike ride next week (blatant plug for me!)

Adrian wrote:
chris harrison ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

Can you get a new bike for 100 quid, "worth having"?

I would never recommend anyone spend "just" 100 quid on a new bike.

aren't you agreeing with what my position has been all along?

There's your answer to your question, then... g

But I'll bet a much higher percentage of new bikes are the £100-250 end of
the market than £5k cars are of new cars.

Maybe, but that just underlines the bike as an economical convenient
means of transport!

You're still talking a fraction of the similar amounts for cars

Oh, absolutely. That's undeniable. But... five grand... on a bike...?!?

Hold on (again) - we've been here before :-D