Old June 16th 05, 09:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport
JohnB JohnB is offline

Default London to Brighton bike ride next week (blatant plug for me!)

Adrian wrote:

But you're failing to explain to me what spending all that cash on a
bike *does* other than make you feel warm and fluffy and all Lance
Armstrong.

Comfort and handling mainly. The expensive bike is loads more
comfortable at certain critical moments, and is easier to keep
upright.

So it's perfectly acceptible to ride to the limits of handling on public
roads? OK...

He didn't say that at all.

I suspect you don't ride a bike very much - if at all.

John B