Old June 16th 05, 09:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Ian Jelf Ian Jelf is offline

Default Jubilee Line Closure

In message , Bob Wood
writes
In ,
Ian Jelf typed:

Can't they just add the extra car but leave it permanently locked and
out of use until all train have been so equipped? Or am I missing
something here? (I realise I must be but I'm sure someone will spell
it out!)

Locking out one car would prevent or delay access to end doors in case of
emergency.

I knew there'd be a reason but I couldn't just see it. Thanks folk.

(I wrote that the day after returning from honeymoon, by the way, so I
hope I'm excused a little lateral thinking! Good to be back everyone.)
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk