Old June 16th 05, 09:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default Unused Single Journey TravelCards for the Tube Expire?

"tim \(moved to sweden\)" typed

The TFL website recommended purchasing in advance to avoid waiting in
long queues.

This is a standard ticket that can be bought from the machines.

Er, yes, which can have long queues at them.

not that long, a few minutes perhaps.

tim

I don't think I'd like to be hanging around a ticket machine if I had
loads of luggage. The machines can seem quite bewidering to me, and I'm
fairly familiar with them! If I were planning a trip in advance, I'd try
to get a PrePay Oyster and pass it on to friends, when they visit
London. I don't know whether you can get Oyster cards sent to the USA
(though I see no reason why this should not be possible)

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.