Old June 16th 05, 10:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John John is offline

Default Unused Single Journey TravelCards for the Tube Expire?

"Helen Deborah Vecht" wrote in message
"tim \(moved to sweden\)" typed

The TFL website recommended purchasing in advance to avoid waiting in
long queues.

This is a standard ticket that can be bought from the machines.

Er, yes, which can have long queues at them.

not that long, a few minutes perhaps.

tim

I don't think I'd like to be hanging around a ticket machine if I had
loads of luggage. The machines can seem quite bewidering to me, and I'm
fairly familiar with them! If I were planning a trip in advance, I'd try
to get a PrePay Oyster and pass it on to friends, when they visit
London. I don't know whether you can get Oyster cards sent to the USA
(though I see no reason why this should not be possible)

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

I may look into an Oyster card.
It is very annoying that the travel card is good for only one specific day.
It is not as if it is reserving a seat.
The clock for expiration should not start until it is first used.
I may mail them back to the UK for refund.