Old June 17th 05, 02:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default Oyster Again

Mrs Redboots typed

Back from holiday, this morning I wanted to renew my bus pass on my
Oyster card and top up my pre-pay, which is running low.

Why, oh why, can you not do that at one of the machines in the
Underground station? I held up the person behind me quite badly trying
to work out how to do both of those things in one transaction, but it
simply doesn't seem to be possible. If you ask to renew your pass, it
takes you straight to that screen and demands money, and if you ask to
top up pre-pay, it demands money for that. Wouldn't it be possible to
program the machines so that, if you ordered a new pass, it asked you
whether you wanted to top up your pre-pay before you paid for the pass?
It seems a very simple programming task to me.....

I am sure I could do it if I went to the newsagent instead of the ticket
machines, but he doesn't take Visa so you have to write out a cheque,
and when in a hurry, as I was this morning..... sheesh..... so I still
have far too little pre-pay on my card, but luckily I don't need it for
a day or so.

Was the Ticket Office unstaffed Annabel? Sometimes the people there are
quite helpful...

I agree it should be possible to do more than onr thing to an Oyster
Card though.
(I have sometimes used a credit card for one item and a debit card for
another though)

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.