Old June 18th 05, 09:49 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Steve Steve is offline

Default public transport? Enfield Town - C London/City

In article , John Rowland
writes
"Jim" wrote in message
oups.com...

Hi- moving to Enfield Town, was wondering if
anyone knew the best public transport connections
into London. In particular, are there any decent bus/tube
routes into town?

crossposted to a group where people do...

And I'm sitting here, a short walk from Enfield Town Station.

I commute from Enfield Town to Farringdon every day, a train every 15
minutes and always a seat is not to be sneezed at. It's quicker to
Finsbury Park from Enfield Chase, get a fast train and you are there in
15 minutes or so, if the change works, then you're across the platform
and into Kings Cross in another 4 minutes.

Oakwood is a 10 minute bus ride (3 different routes, so lots of buses)
away, and then 40 minutes to Piccadilly Circus

You are right about using Seven Sisters - without the current hike round
to Tottenham High Road you can be in Oxford Circus 35 minutes after
leaving Enfield Town.

Lots of buses, the 329/N29 is a pretty amazing service to Turnpike Lane,
maximum interval of 12 minutes 24/7

The best thing of all is that with 3 fast rail routes into London, all
different terminals and operators, I've only been strike or breakdown
delayed to the point of significant lateness about 6 times in 30
years...
--
Steve