Old June 19th 05, 01:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Bob Wood Bob Wood is offline

Default Train-home ban for big bike ride

In ,
Colin McKenzie typed:

Bob Wood wrote:
How can it be that we are not discussing the size of the disabled
toilet? This part of the thread is in answer to and relates solely
to your statement that ".... there have been many complaints about
the fact the the Electrostar and Turbostar (the diesel version)
devote one third of an entire coach to the disabled-access toilet,"

Which YOU trimmed at that point. Jack added 'the five (or less,
depends on the specification by the train operating company) tip-up
seats that can be used as wheelchair spaces or for people travelling
with wheelchair passengers and the cycle stowage areas.'

The comma after toilet is a big clue.

If you want to add "the seating reserved for wheelchair passengers
and their companions and for bicycle stowage", you should have done
so in the first instance.

As he did!

Yes, he did. And I apologise for not understanding what he had written
correctly before criticising it.

I think I read the comma as a semi-colon and missed the 'that' in the second
part of the sentence.

Again, apologies to Jack - and apologies to you for having had to take
the time to point out my error.

Your hole is big enough. Why don't you stop digging?

I think you'll find it's you in the hole.

Can you lend me a ladder?

--
Bob