Old June 19th 05, 11:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] Mait001@aol.com is offline

Default Wandsworth Town

Indeed - he may even be losing my custom too: when, in the past, there
was no Wandsworth Town train shown leaving Waterloo, I sometimes got
the first train to Putney, and waited on platform 2/3 for a train back
to Wandsworth Town. There's something about the island platforms there
that have always appealed to me! Won't be doing that in a hurry if it
now involves a trek down and up sets of stairs there too!

This seems a retrograde step.

I'd still be interested in knowing what the reason for the swap was.
Having the "fast" lines on the "outside" or "inside" or paired (as in
G.W.R.) makes sense. There is no logical sense now, since the Down
lines have not been similarly swapped.

Marc.