Old June 20th 05, 05:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport
ian henden ian henden is offline

Default London to Brighton bike ride next week (blatant plug for me!)

"Adrian" wrote in message
. 244.170...
chris harrison ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

I've never spent five grand on a car.
I've only once spent more than HALF that on a car.

You are not average in this regard amongst car drivers ....

And five grand is an average bicycle?

Also not average, but not unimaginable.

So where did "average" come into it? Although I'd suspect that it's *FAR*
more common to buy inexpensive cars than expensive bikes...

It goes a lot further than that same 5 grand spent on a car

How? Seriously - genuine question. I'm *baffled* about what a £5k bike
will
do that a £500 one won't.

If the LCLs can afford to pay 5 grand on a pushbike, then they can afford to
pay for registration, licencing, VED, safety testing, etc.

)
--
IanH