Old June 20th 05, 06:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Dr Ivan D. Reid Dr Ivan D. Reid is offline

Default Heathrow Express etc. Today (Sun 19/6)

On 19 Jun 2005 14:37:36 -0700, Dubba
wrote in .com:
Dr Ivan D. Reid wrote:
Any news on what the "mainline problems" were that cancelled all
Heathrow Express trains today?[from 1159]

I travelled from Oxford to Paddington today, which took 2 hours. I
heard from another passenger there had been a suicide on the line at
Southall, but I don't know if that was actually the case.

That sounds more plausible than engineering works which were known
well in advance. Thanks. I was afraid it might have been a derailment
due to lines buckling in the heat.

--
Ivan Reid, Electronic & Computer Engineering, ___ CMS Collaboration,
Brunel University. Room 40-1-B12, CERN