Old June 20th 05, 07:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dockland Dockland is offline

Default DLR - 'Bank via Canary Wharf'

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 11:37:41 +0100, Mrs Redboots
wrote:

londoncityslicker wrote to uk.transport.london on Fri, 17 Jun 2005:

I don't think the Bank to Beckton trains are timetabled ones (I may be
wrong)
They just happen every so often for operational reasons I guess and when
there is engineering work.

I think there are one or two timetabled during the peaks.

There are some trains that run in service from Gallions Reach to Bank at
the beginning of Peak hours and from Bank to Gallions Reach at the end of
Peak Hours as they manoeuver(sp?) to/from Beckton depot. These aren't
timetable AFAIK.

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 17:18:30 +0100, Dave Arquati wrote:

Services between City Airport and Lewisham will only begin once the
Woolwich Arsenal extension opens; until then, services will run between
Bank and King George V.

The new maps show the route of the extension as being Kings George V to
Shadwell.

Bank is already at capacity, or close to capacity (or rather the
Bank/Tower Gateway junction is) with the Lewisham services I doubt they'd
be able to fit any more in there and they can't take any out as the trains
are crowded as it is.