Old June 20th 05, 10:41 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Heathrow Connect - can't connect !!

wrote:

Pretty poor for a new, high-profile service. One hopes that the
equipment, layout and timetabling is robust enough for these to
just be teething problems. However it may be that infrastructure
works are needed sooner rather than later if this new service is
not to heavily impact on both Great Western and Heathrow Express
operations.

Heathrow Connect are still only running to Hayes tonight. In fact I've
just e-mailed them about the total lack of any explanation, forecast or
apology on their site. All they say is that "Heathrow Connect is
currently only operating between London and Hayes & Harlington", despite
claiming that "it's the best way to travel locally to and from Heathrow
Airport".

"If you have to rely on London Underground to get you to the airport
everyday, this service will revolutionise the way you travel." Some
revolution!

The National Rail site talks about signalling problems.
--
Richard J.