Old June 21st 05, 09:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Alistair Bell Alistair Bell is offline

Default Wandsworth Town

wrote:
But back to the main point: "By putting the slow trains on the northern
track of the pair, both up and down"

But that is not what they have done: the Up Slow line is on the
Southern of the pair of Up lines and the Down Slow Line is on the
Southern of the pair of Down lines.

I admit that I'm not in London right now, but I'm confused by your
statement. The Up line (towards London) runs from west to east at
Wandsworth Town; the southern track uses the island platform and the
northern track the outer platform. So either the up slow trains use the
island platform or they use the northern pair, and I'm inclined to
think the latter. Am I missing something?

(The last time I was at Wandsworth Town, I caught a slow train from
Feltham via Hounslow to Wandsworth Town in the morning peak, and it did
indeed use the outer platform. That was before the timetable change
though.)