Old June 22nd 05, 01:19 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
PhilD PhilD is offline

Default Heathrow Connect - can't connect !!

I'm a bit confused by what's been happening as reported on this thread.
Can someone more knowledgeable than me clarify, please?

As I understand it, Heathrow connect started with the summer timetable,
running to Heathrow. Owing to problems, timekeeping left a lot to be
desired. OK so far.

As from some date (unknown to me) the service was truncated at Hayes
whilst signalling problems are sorted out at Heathrow. The problem is
that the signal will not let trains out of the headshunt.

This is where I get confused. How could the service have run at all,
however badly, if this was the problem? Is it that the service hasn't
yet *actually* run to Heathrow? Is the problem something else, such as
an exceptionally long setting/release time allowing *a* service but not
the planned one? Awkward Slough IECC staff? Anytheng else?

Help!

Thanks,

PhilD