Old June 22nd 05, 01:49 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Heathrow Connect - can't connect !!

PhilD wrote:
I'm a bit confused by what's been happening as reported on this
thread. Can someone more knowledgeable than me clarify, please?

As I understand it, Heathrow connect started with the summer
timetable, running to Heathrow.

It started on Sunday 12 June. The Evening Standard claimed (on 16 June)
that the official launch was on Thursday 16 June.

Owing to problems, timekeeping left a lot to be desired. OK so far.

As from some date (unknown to me) the service was truncated at Hayes
whilst signalling problems are sorted out at Heathrow. The problem
is that the signal will not let trains out of the headshunt.

This is where I get confused. How could the service have run at
all, however badly, if this was the problem? Is it that the
service hasn't yet *actually* run to Heathrow? Is the problem
something else, such as an exceptionally long setting/release time
allowing *a* service but not the planned one? Awkward Slough IECC
staff? Anytheng else?

God knows. I've just phoned the number given on the HC website for "up
to the minute information". The person who answered couldn't say what
the problem was, or when the service to Heathrow might start/resume.
She wasn't even sure what company she worked for. And of course, they
haven't replied to the e-mail I sent on Monday.

The registrant of the www.heathrowconnect.co.uk site is BAA plc.
--
Richard J.