Old June 22nd 05, 03:50 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Congestion charging hits the rails

In message . com, at
03:07:19 on Tue, 21 Jun 2005, Rupert Candy
remarked:
PREMIUM ROUTES

Likely candidates for peak pricing:

Liverpool Street to Chelmsford
St Albans to King's Cross

KX Thameslink, perhaps

Elephant and Castle to Blackfriars
East Croydon and Tulse Hill to Blackfriars/London Bridge
Twyford and Maidenhead to Paddington
Sevenoaks to Charing Cross/Cannon Street

That's a very interesting list. Are they really the busiest routes in
the country? (As a daily customer of Thameslink between Tulse Hill and
Blackfriars I can well believe it, but Maidenhead to Paddington?)

I think you'll find they are a combination of "most overcrowded" (given
the number of trains, which may not be very great) and "with commuters
who can afford to pay more".