Old June 22nd 05, 11:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Train-home ban for big bike ride

In article , (David
Splett) wrote:

Interesting, thanks. As far as I know, the section concerned runs from
Milton to Littleport (roughly 20 miles). The next feeder station to the
north is at Kings Lynn (20 miles from Littleport). For comparison, the
Midland as electrified had two FSs - at Grahame Park and Sundon,
responsible for an intense EMU service all the way from Bedford to St
Pancras, which is roughly 50 miles. However I've no idea what other
factors exist on the Kings Lynn line - though the next FS to the south
of Milton is at Ugley (between Elsenham and Newport). I wonder if there
would be a problem if either Milton or Kings Lynn were out of use, as
Ugley to Kings Lynn *would* be a long section.

Er, what's that at Shepreth Branch Junction if not a feeder station?

--
Colin Rosenstiel