Old June 23rd 05, 01:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london
David Splett David Splett is offline

Default Train-home ban for big bike ride

"Colin Rosenstiel" wrote in message
Er, what's that at Shepreth Branch Junction if not a feeder station?

A track sectioning cabin. I think Ugley feeds to Shepreth, and then north to
Litlington (between Ashwell and Royston), BICBW - there are a variety of
ways it could be done I guess. But I do know for sure it's not a feeder
station.

Others can doubtlessly provide a more thorough explanation, but a TSC
basically acts as the break between two feeder stations or as a place where
the OHLE can be conveniently broken in to sections. Others in the area can
be found at Great Chesterford, Litlington, West River (between Waterbeach
and Ely), Littleport (north of Littleport, with neutral section separating
Milton and Kings Lynn) and Denver (between Littleport and Downham). Only a
FS has an incoming feed from the National Grid - for example the FS at Kings
Lynn is right next to a major Grid substation.