Old August 22nd 03, 11:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Colin Colin is offline

Default Pay in Advance

"Phil Richards" wrote in message
On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 21:52:41 +0100 Colin
said...

SOME NR (ex-BR) staff in the London area, and certainly not all, have

free
Oysters - you are one of the lucky ones & really should not moan about
little problems considering the benefit you have.

I would guess only if their job involved using LUL services whilst on
duty and not by any entitlement. As one who gets priv rate on LUL, any
idea if annual priv rate seasons are now being issued on Oyster?

No - by entitlement, but normally only very highly graded managerial ex-BR
staff who have safeguarded travel facilities (usually they have 1st class
all-stations passes on NR as well, as I think this chap has admitted he
has). No idea about normal priv seasons, but as they are issued by ticket
offices it won't be at least until the ticket offices start dishing out
cards to the public.

Quite simply you get free Tube & Bus with your Oyster. Your family get

priv
Underground with their box passes only.

Buses as well? I'm surprised at that, as normally NR staff wouldn't get
any facilities on London Buses. The same for London Bus staff not getting
any facilities on NR.

As I said, he should keep shtum and be thankful.