Old June 23rd 05, 08:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David Splett David Splett is offline

Default London Buses - they got a special on light bulbs or something?

"Mike Hughes" wrote in message
Don't know if this is the real reason for buses doing so, but I use
headlights when travelling down bus lanes in my taxi. This is because
there are so many other drivers who think that they can use the bus lane
with impunity and also on the grounds of safety - at least there is a
better chance that they will see me

What you really mean is that when you travel down a bus lane to undertake a
load of traffic and then push your way back in front of them there is a
lesser chance that they won't move out the way.

But, yes, following a number of recent incidents I now drive with my
headlights permanently on, and have recently had the car modified so that
they are on by default.