Old June 24th 05, 01:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Fossil Fossil is offline

Default London buses - noise

"ONscotland" wrote in message
oups.com...
marcb wrote:
The buses (which seem fairly new) on the route that goes past our house
- the 76 - often sound like a turbofan revving for take-off. Did they
skimp on sound insulation with these things - and are drivers told not
to keep over-revving as they seem to do?

In fact, are there any noise standards for buses?

M.

I am sure this has been asked before - but what is that squeal that
high pitched "sigh" that Bendy Buses make?

B.

Sound of the turbo from the engine?