Old June 24th 05, 11:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Rupert Candy Rupert Candy is offline

Default London Buses - they got a special on light bulbs or something?

Martin Underwood wrote:

For some reason, the instructions in the Mersey tunnel specifically say
"don't turn on your headlights" which seems strange to me - if you're
driving at night, are you actually expected to turn them off as you enter
the tunnel and remember to turn them back on when you leave? If the exit is
well-illuminated by street lights, it will be very easy to forget to turn
them back on...

Bizarre - since on most cars the instrument backlighting is linked to
the headlights, this would also mean you wouldn't be able to see your
speedometer properly. Marvellous.

back on topic I use sidelights or dipped headlights in the Blackwall
Tunnel for exactly that reason. /