Old June 24th 05, 01:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] nick.cooper-625delete@virgin.net is offline

Default Camden station redevelopment rejected

John Rowland wrote:

"Alan (in Brussels)" wrote in message
Press report forwarded FYI by:

- Alan (in Brussels)

"Campaigners' joy as station plan is axed

www.hamhigh.co.uk

"This is the end of the project. We needed that new station,
now the users of the Northern Line face decades of misery."

Rubbish. The solution to Camden Town's problems is to get more people to
switch to Camden Road. I roughly calculated that the money to be spent on
rebuilding Camden Town station would fund a decent service on the North
London Line every day for about a century.

But surely there's only a limited number of routes for which Camden
Road would be a viable alternative?