Old June 24th 05, 01:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default London Buses - they got a special on light bulbs or something?

Martin Underwood ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

The US is a particularly entertaining case - they've legislated
Daytime Running Lights that come on with the ignition.

snip

Only in 'merkinland.

Are the daytime running lights sidelights or headlights?

Not sure.

I think in
Sweden they're just sidelights (certainly Volvos here only have their
sidelights, not headlights, on permanently).

Scandi ones are brighter than sidies - sidies tend to be a 5w bulb, whereas
the Saab/Volvo daytime lights are 21w (or were on proper Saab 900s, IIRC) -
I think most tend to use dip beam now.

I wonder what the additional cost in extra fuel consumption is

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question424.htm

I can't say I'm surprised about the situation in America: they don't
require cars to have front number plates (though many cars do have
them)

Nor do they have MOTs.