Old June 24th 05, 08:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Malcolm Pinnell Malcolm Pinnell is offline

Default Circle Line up the spout again

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
On 24 Jun 2005 06:00:33 -0700, "Neillw001"

Usual thing, Train breaks down, takes an hour to bring another train up
to take them off, meanwhile people trapped underground in sweltering
heat.

I've got to go up to London tomorrow. I'm really not feeling confident
about taking the underground after this, the events on the Central Line
the other week and on the MML yesterday.

GNER surely?

Can anyone tell
me if there's a bus from Waterloo to Tottenhasm Court Road I could get?
Mind you I've got to get to London first.

Buses 1 or 176 run from Waterloo to TCR.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/buses/spiders/pdf/waterloostn.pdf

This shows the routes and where to catch the buses from.

To be honest you could walk it comfortably via the South Bank,
Hungerford Bridge and then up Charing Cross Road / St Martin's Lane
having cut across T Sq.
--
Paul C

Perhaps he means MML/Thameslink were stopped on Sunday with lines down -
spent a pleasant 2 hours in the breeze at Leagrave then took cab to Luton as
there was a rumour the slows were still going. Sadly it wasn't true. Then
out of the blue after about an hour, 2 trains were leaving, one was going
non-stop to Kings X, the other StAlbans, Kings X then on to Brighton. I
waved to all the people on the platforms as we went past. Wonder how long
they waited.
Both trains raced to Kings X, one on the slow and one on the fast - much
fun.
People think LU are bad at comunicating - Thameslink are masters at
non-comunicating.........

Mal