Old June 24th 05, 09:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mrs Redboots Mrs Redboots is offline

Default End of Routemaster operation on the 14 and 22

wrote to uk.transport.london on Fri, 24 Jun 2005:

It's a shame that this honour goes to that route - with its ragbag of
very poorly-maintained Routemasters and extremely surly staff who seem
not to give a fig about pride in their job. Several times I have been
left standing at the bus stop at the bottom of Regent Street (with the
159 stuck behind a bendi-bus, or other queues of buses) whilst the 159
whizzes past, refusing to stop at the stop - presumably the driver
having thought that stopping half a mile further down the road was
sufficient for the "let's shaft the passengers" game.

They are appallingly bad at that on the entire length of the route, then
- I thought it was only in Brixton they played that game!

To be fair, there are still some great crews on that line, but an awful
lot of less good ones!
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/