Old June 24th 05, 09:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mrs Redboots Mrs Redboots is offline

Default London Buses - they got a special on light bulbs or something?

Martin Underwood wrote to uk.transport.london on Fri, 24 Jun 2005:

A fascinating and well-reasoned article. Now someone needs to work out how
much extra American cars consume than European cars because almost all of
them are automatic transmission - though set against this is the fact that
US speed limits are lower so consumption will be less on that account.

Are they? I mean, when we were in Kansas a couple of months ago, the
local speed limit seemed to be 35 miles on streets and 75 on the
motorway (Interstate). What threw us totally was that these limits were
*obeyed*.... presumably why they can be higher than ours!
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/