Old June 25th 05, 07:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Jean-Francois Dancre Jean-Francois Dancre is offline

Default London Buses - they got a special on light bulbs or something?

]
Mrs Redboots a écrit :

We're actually the oddity in that respect. France has plates which change
whenever it's re-registered into a different department. Germany's
similar.

France's laws change in 2008, when they will no longer have regional
plates but a format of AA 123 AA, where AA are 2 letters & 123 are 3
numbers. I believe drivers who wish to do so *may* have a regional or
departmental indicator to the right of their number-plate; an "F" in
European stars to the left will be (I think) compulsory. No
personalisation will be possible - you will have to take what you get.

Indeed. This is exactly what I intended to post, only you did it first and
put it better :-) .

I might just add that scooters are already registered with the new
numbering, and have been since January 2004 (their plates are of the form A
123 A [note the single letter at the beginning and the end], to be extended
if/when new plates are needed with the A 123 AA and A 123 AAA series).

--
JFD
www.metro-pole.net -- Unofficial home to Paris' public transport networks