Old June 25th 05, 04:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David Biddulph David Biddulph is offline

Default London Buses - they got a special on light bulbs or something?

"Mrs Redboots" wrote in message
The thing I noticed on our visit to Kansas was that distances were
measured in fractions of a mile, rather than yards - where we would say
there was an exit in (say) 200 yards, they'd put "3/8 mile"

That's why America seems so big, if 200 of their yards are 3/8 of a mile.
It would need 660 of our little English yards. :-)
--
David Biddulph